*** IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY BEFORE PURCHASING.
Tissue culture plants are cultivated in sterile lab settings ensuring your plant is free from pests, snails and algae! These are young specimen that are grown in immersed forms. Gel should always be removed prior to planting. LIVE PLANTS ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO STRESS AND DAMAGE FROM TRANSIT - This may appear in the form of minimal melt, leaf loss, cosmetic damage, etc.
NOTE ON VARIEGATED PLANTS: Variegation is difficult to predict and there is not always a guarantee that the variegation will persist in the new plant/cutting.
HOW TO ACCLIMATE YOUR TISSUE CULTURE PLANTS:
1. Open the container in a shaded, cool, and most importantly, clean environment.
2. Carefully remove the plants from the container. Be careful not to damage the roots. A useful technique is to open the container and pour some water in it. Swirl the flask so that the entire clump of plants, along with agar (jelly), loosens up and starts to swirl with the swirling action. Another option is to use a spatula to loosen up the agar around roots, so plants can be pulled out without breaking the roots. Pay attention NOT to damage roots.
3. Place the plants in a tray with room temperature tap water to wash away agar. Use (ungloved) fingers to gently rub the roots under water until free of agar. Keep plants in water.
4. Fill your seedling tray with your choice of medium. We use coco coir + perlite (50:50). Ensure the potting mix has been watered, but is not too wet.
5. Carefully plant each plantlet in the seedling tray, firming it in gently and ensuring that the base of the plant is in good contact with the potting mix. Any existing roots should be buried.
6. Place the seedling tray into a plastic tray with dome cover and place under mild conditions (avoid direct sun light, and avoid doing transplanting on hot and sunny days).
7.Watch plants closely. After 3 days, crack open the cover a little to begin the acclimation to normal humidity (start in the morning and monitor throughout the day – DO NOT plan this on a day when you are not going to be around). If plants show any sign of wilting, spray water periodically. Gradually open the cover over a 2‐3‐day period. Some plants may lose a few (old) leaves but will still survive and resume growth. The key is not to let the shoot tip die. This step should be completed in a week.
6. Fully acclimated plants can be grown under normal greenhouse conditions (25oC, 16 hour light). Plant pots should be allowed to drain, and watered as needed. Do not over‐water the plants, and do not soak plants in standing water.
MATERIALS THAT YOU WILL NEED:
– Bowl or tray with room temperature water
– Seedling tray
– Media of choice We use coco coir + perlite (50:50)
– Tweezers if needed
You will receive the following 7 plantlets in one container.
1 Philodendron Pink Princess
1 Philodendron White Princess
1 Philodendron White Knight
1 Philodendron White Wizard
1 Philodendron Ring of Fire
1 Philodendron Paraiso Verde
1 Variegated Philodendron Giganteum
Please note that photo shown is a representation of the plantlets that you will receive. Each live plant will vary in size, shape and color.
*** PLANT CARE:
While a General Care Guide will be included in the package, it is the buyer's responsibility to do their own research on how to properly take care of the cutting/plant that they are buying.
I will pack the cutting/plant with utmost care using brand new quality packaging materials (not carrier provided).
*** INSULATION and HEAT PACK:
If you live in an area where the weather is cold, please choose "+ Heat-Pack", "+ Insulation" or both from the Packaging Option. Adding a heat pack and insulation to order is at buyer's discretion. Please note that the heat pack will only last up to 72 hours.
*** SHIPPING CARRIER:
I only ship by USPS or FEDEX (FEDEX by request only). I recommend FEDEX Overnight. If you would like to request for a FEDEX Overnight shipping quote, please leave me a message in the "Note to Seller" when you place your order. Estimate Time of Arrival is provided by the carrier and that I, the seller is not liable for any delay or lost of the package that is caused by the carrier.
*** SHIPPING CLAIM:
It is the buyer's responsibility to file a claim for damaged and lost items.
*** TRACKING UPDATE:
Please contact the carrier directly for ALL questions regarding the status of your shipment. I do not have any additional information regarding your shipping once I ship your plant.
*** PLANT FORFEITURE AND CONFISCATION:
I will reimburse 50% of the plant cost (not including shipping cost) In case your plant gets confiscated and destroyed by the Department of Agriculture.
*** LIVE ARRIVAL GUARANTEE:
I will reimburse 50% of the plant cost (not including shipping cost) In case your plant arrives dead for any reason ONLY IF you chose to ship by FEDEX Overnight and that there was no delay in the shipment. This does not cover cosmetic damages caused by shipping to the plant. An unboxing video must be submitted to me within 24 hours of receiving the plant.
All cutting/plant/plantlet purchases are FINAL. Buyer is aware and understands that damages to the cutting/plant can occur during transit that may include browning leaves, yellowing leaves, bent stems/leaves and rot on the leaves/stem/growth bud/aerial roots and that I, (the seller) am NOT liable for any of the damages once the cutting/plant ships. I will pack the cutting/plant with utmost care, exactly as described and as shown in the listing. Other than specified in the "Live Arrival Guarantee" and "Plant Forfeiture and Confiscation" clause, there will be No Refund. No Returns. No Exchange. No Replacements. No Exceptions. By purchasing, you AGREE to these terms.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.